Summer School Teacher (grades 10-12)
Blyth Academy is hiring dynamic educators to teach the Ontario Secondary School curriculum for the Summer School program.
Courses are offered: July 4-July 31, 2019 and Aug 6-30, 2019; Monday - Friday, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
While the majority of our teachers have OCT certification, we welcome individuals from all sectors and professional backgrounds to apply.
- Empathetic and dedicated to students’ learning, growth and development
- Commitment to engage, challenge and inspire young learners
- Able to effectively manage and foster a positive learning environment
- Openness to differentiated learning approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexibility, accountability and integrity
About the Role:
- Small classrooms with an average of 8 students: enhanced student engagement & interactions; less administrative work (i.e. report cards, marking)
- Responsible for all aspects of curriculum delivery, assessment, communication with student and parent(s)
- Educate students focused on academic success and with strong parental support
- Autonomy for your individual teaching structure and style
- Supportive colleagues and leadership
- Boutique campus with a unique building, atmosphere & learning environment
- Opportunity to teach in Full-time (day-time), Summer School, International Summers, and Global High School
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application online via Workable.
Blyth Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request by candidates in all aspects of the hiring process.
All teachers/educators of Blyth Academy must be able to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check report.
For further information or assistance please contact: [email protected]