French Teacher (grades 9-12)
Blyth Academy is hiring a committed and engaging French teacher to teach the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum at the London campus.
While the majority of our teachers have OCT certification, we welcome individuals from all sectors and professional backgrounds to apply.
About Blyth Academy:
Blyth Academy is the largest private school by enrollment in Ontario, with campuses across the province, and internationally in Washington, DC, Florence, Italy and Doha, Qatar. Blyth Academy offers students, grades 5-12, a comprehensive full-time program, as well as part-time, private, semi-private, night & weekend, summer school, and online courses. In addition, Blyth Academy offers an International Summers program and Global High School where courses are taught in truly inspirational places around the world.
Our primary focus is to enhance academic achievement to prepare all students for university and beyond. Here at Blyth Academy, we tailor the curriculum to the individual student, not the other way around. By taking into account each student’s learning style and extra-curricular responsibilities, we are able to customize a plan unique to the individual.
Blyth Academy follows the curriculum expectations set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education. From this academic base, we integrate student interests, experiential hands on learning activities within and beyond our walls, and an empathetic approach to teaching and learning. We have developed a strategy for incorporating literacy and numeracy across the curriculum in an effort to support the provincial mandate to improve student achievement in these essential skills. We incorporate research and evidence-based inquiry and decision making approaches in the classroom that will support students’ success in both of these critical areas.
- Empathetic and dedicated to students’ learning, growth and development
- Commitment to engage, challenge and inspire young learners
- Able to effectively manage and foster a positive learning environment
- Openness to differentiated learning approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexibility, accountability and integrity
About the Role
- Term 4, beginning April 23, 2019 and continuing until June 28, 2019
- Small classrooms with an average of 8 students: enhanced student engagement & interactions; less administrative work (i.e. report cards, marking)
- Responsible for all aspects of curriculum delivery, assessment, communication with student and parent(s)
- Educate students focused on academic success and with strong parental support
- Autonomy for your individual teaching structure and style
- Supportive colleagues and leadership
- Boutique campus with a unique building, atmosphere & learning environment
- Opportunity to teach in Part-time (evenings/weekends), Full-time (day-time), and/or Summer School programs
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application online.
Blyth Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request by candidates in all aspects of the hiring process.
All teachers/educators of Blyth Academy must be able to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Report.
For further information or assistance please contact: [email protected]