Deputy Head of School
About Blyth Academy Qatar
Blyth Academy Qatar is a JK-12 international school that embraces diversity, celebrates differences in cultures and engages students in their learning. Currently, Blyth Academy Qatar students are from 42 nations; therefore, enriching the experience for all students to function in a global society. Graduates of Blyth are equipped to pursue post-secondary studies in Canada and internationally. Blyth Academy Qatar is accredited by the province of Alberta, Canada and the State of Qatar. Students at Blyth Academy Qatar experience a personalized, differentiated, collaborative and experiential learning environment that leads to higher levels of motivation, engagement and achievement.
The Deputy Head of School is a key member of the Leadership Team of Blyth Academy Qatar.
The Deputy Head of School reports directly to the Head of School. He/she first and foremost will ensure that BAQ is in compliance with all standards and expectations of both Alberta Education and the Ministry of Education, Qatar. The DHS is acting Head of School in the absence of the Head of School.
- Provide instructional leadership in the Alberta program K-12
- Assist in the preparation of government inspection reports
- Assist with hiring, supervising and evaluating teachers in the Alberta program
- Assist with scheduling, time tabling, strategic planning and daily school operations
- Acts as the Head of School in the absence of the Head
- Coordinate Professional Development for teachers
- Ensure the Alberta and Qatar curriculum and standards are met
- Assist with student conduct issues
- Act as a Parent Liaison as required
- Manage and monitor Alberta PAT and Diploma exams
The successful candidate must hold a valid Alberta Permanent Professional Certificate in good standing, as well as successful teaching experience in the secondary panel and ideally at the elementary level as well. Current Alberta leadership experience would be an asset.
The successful candidate is one who is willing and able to embrace change, flexible, dependable, detail oriented, and has a sense of humor.
Blyth Academy Qatar offers a competitive compensation programme that includes allowances for housing, flights as well as ground transportation to and from school daily.
The position starts in August 2019.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to;